For the next fortnight, the views from the inside of a Wemyss and District tram would again become familiar to Robert Dunsire VC. It was to be his mode of transport to many personal and recognition occasions in and around Denbeath and Kirkcaldy during his furlough. This 2 week home leave had been arranged quickly after the announcement of the award of his Victoria Cross.
The trams now provided an alternative mode of transport to the railway for the people of the Burgh of Buckhaven, Methil and Innerleven. The 7.5 miles link to Kirkcaldy was formally opened by Lady Eva Wemyss in September 1906. Importantly, it linked with Kirkcaldy Corporation’s Tramways eastern network at Rosslyn Street, Gallatown, giving easier access to a wider travel network throughout Britain.